The Anigen Rapid CHW Ag Test Kit 2.0 is a chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of canine Dirofilaria immitis antigen in serum, plasma or pure blood. The Anigen Rapid CHW Ag Test Kit 2.0 has the letter “T” and “C” as the test line and control lines on the surface of the device. Both the test line and the control line in the result window are not visible before applying any swatch.
The control line is used for procedure control, and should always appear if the test procedure is performed correctly and the control line test reagents are working. A purple test line will be visible in the result window if there are enough heartworm antigens in the sample. Highly selective antibodies against canine Dirofilaria immitis antigens are used as each capture and detector in the assay. These are capable of detecting canine Dirofilaria immitis antigen in the sample with high precision.
Materials required, but not provided
- The test kit is for canine use only. Do not use it for other animals.
- The test device is sensitive to both moisture and heat. Take the test immediately after removing the test device from the foil pouch.
- Do not reuse test components.
- Apply the sample vertically.
- Do not touch the membrane in the test device result window.
- Do not use the test kit beyond the expiration date indicated on the package label.
- Do not use the test kit if the bag is damaged or the seal is broken.
- Do not mix components from different lot numbers because the components in this kit have been quality control tested as a standard batch unit.
- All samples should be handled as if they were potentially infectious. Wear protective gloves while handling the samples. wash your hands well afterwards
- Decontaminate and discard all samples, and used and potentially contaminated kit materials safely in accordance with national and local regulations.
Storage and Stability
1) Store the test kit at 2~30°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
2) Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
3) The test kit is stable within the expiration date marked on the package label.
Sample Collection and Preparation
1. The test must be performed with serum, plasma or whole blood (anticoagulated). Follow the method below for sample collection and preparation.
2. If the test kit and samples are refrigerated, they should be brought to room temperature before use.
- [Pure blood]
1) Blood should be collected with a disposable syringe and added to a tube containing an anticoagulant (heparin, EDTA or citrate). For user convenience, the Anigen Rapid CHW Ag Test Kit 2.0 provides anticoagulant tubes (max. volume 1.5 ml). Follow the instructions below.
A. Place the collected blood sample in the anticoagulant tube.
B. Close the cap on the tube of anticoagulant and invert the tube five times to mix the blood and EDTA.
2) The collected blood should be tested immediately or within 4 hours at room temperature.
Should be stored at 2~8o C for 24 hours.
3) Severely hemolyzed blood samples may affect the result.
1) Blood should be collected with a disposable syringe and added to a tube containing anticoagulant (heparin, EDTA
or Citrate), and then separate the plasma by centrifugation.
2) Plasma should be stored at 2~8o C for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze below -20oc.
1) Blood should be collected with a disposable syringe and added to a serum collection tube (without anticoagulant).
2) The collected blood should be left at room temperature for 30 minutes to clot, and then separate the serum by
3) Serum should be stored at 2~8o C for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze at -20o or below c.
- All reagents and samples should be at room temperature (15~30°C) before use.
- Remove the test device from the foil pouch and place it on a flat, dry surface.
- Using the disposable dropper, add 2 drops (approximately 80㎕) of sample into the sample hole
- Start the timer. The sample will flow through the results window. if it does not appear. After 1 minute, add one more drop of mixed sample to the sample hole.
- Interpret the test results at 10 minutes. Don’t read after 20 minutes.
Interpretation of the Result
1) Negative result
Only the control line (“C”) appears in the result window.
2) Positive result
The line (“T”) and the control line (“C”) within the result window indicate the presence of Canine Dirofilaria immitis antigen.
3) Invalid result
If the control line (“C”) does not appear, the result could be considered invalid the sample must be retested.
Limitations of the test
- Although the Anigen Rapid CHW Ag Test 2.0 Test Kit is very accurate in detecting Canine heartworm antigens, a low incidence of false results may occur. Other clinically available tests are required if questionable results are obtained. Like all diagnostic tests, a definitive clinical diagnosis should not be based on the results of a single test, but rather should only be performed by the veterinarian after all clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
- The reading window may display a light pink background colouration; this will not affect the accuracy of the results.
- BioNote and its distributors are not responsible for the consequences of misuse or misinterpretation of the results given by the test.